Join today's LANDAUER for a rewarding career in radiation oncology or medical imaging
The following positions are available at LANDAUER Medical Physics:
Diagnostic Imaging Physicist
- Performs equipment surveys or consulting in at least six of the following areas: Mammography, MRI, CT, Nuclear Medicine (including gamma cameras and licensing), PET, Radiological/Fluoroscopy Surveys, Radiation Safety Officer, Patient Dose Calculations, and Shielding Designs.
- Performs calculation of fetal or patient doses and be able to implement TJC guidance in support of patient dose reduction.
- Provides professional medical physics consultations and training to clients.
- Conducts auditing of nuclear medicine programs, including radioactive materials licensees and act as an RSO or radiation protection consultant.
- Certified by ABR or Nuclear Medicine; or eligible to be certified.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in six or more of the following areas of Imaging Physics practice: Mammography, MRI, CT, Nuclear Medicine (including gamma cameras and licensing), PET, Radiological/Fluoroscopy Surveys, Ultrasound, Radiation Safety Officer, Patient Dose Calculations, or Shielding Designs
Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Generate isodose distributions via computer and performs calculations for the accurate delivery of the prescribed dose, Enter treatment parameters in record/verify system, coordinates and assists with treatment simulations and tumor localizations using CT or conventional radiographic techniques along with other responsibilities.
- This position requires a Certified Medical Dosimetrist with a minimum of 1- 3 years of experience and current strong experience working with treatment planning
- Generates a plan of care for the treatment of cancer patients on an individual basis, using a medical computer, based on established procedures and state and federal standards/guidelines.
- Responsible for the calibration and standardization of highly technical medical imaging and therapy equipment and documentation of the results.
- Must possess the level of education normally obtained through the completion of a Master's degree in Medical Radiation Physics, with three to 5 years of experience in the radiation oncology, or its equivalent.
- Must be ABR or ABMP certified or eligible for the above mentioned certification.
To submit your application for one of these positions, or to keep on file for a future opening, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.