What is CDOS?
CDOS is a subscription based service to optimize the dose used in diagnostic imaging procedures. The service includes:
- Providing guidance on protocol naming and mapping
- Identifying appropriate external benchmarks for dose comparison
- Establishing expected dose index ranges
- Analyzing cases that exceed the expected dose index range
- Issuing detailed reports highlighting dose optimization opportunities
- Participating in patient dose review committees
- Aiding in configuring and using radiation dose index monitoring (RDIM) software
- Consulting to establish policies and procedures based on best practices across the nation
LANDAUER offers CDOS packages for individual hospitals and large health systems for both CT and fluoroscopy.
Clients are introduced to the unique LANDAUER CT Protocol Library™, a compendium of thousands of protocols from hospitals across the nation. This resource is effective on a broad range of imaging equipment and is a unique reference that accelerates the protocol optimization process.
Our team of CDOS-specialized medical physicists is experienced with all the major medical imaging equipment manufacturers. They are also specifically trained on most of the common RDIM programs currently available including: Radimetrics, DoseWatch, DoseWatch Explore, Dose Monitor, Imalogix, and more. Additionally, our physicists have a history of working with the American College of Radiology Dose Index Registry and are experienced helping facilities that have no dose tracking tools currently installed.
Our CDOS analytics team, consisting of technologists, computer programmers, researchers, and data analysts, specializes in analyzing patient dose data to generate detailed CDOS reports highlighting opportunities for dose optimization.
To learn more see helpful fact sheets on: